July 15-18, 2021 Denver, Colorado
The Colorado Association for Bilingual Education
Tentative Schedule of Events
Follow this link to make your reservations at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport.
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Arrival Day – Participants, Sponsors and Spelling Bee Staff Arrive in Colorado.
There are no planned activities on Thursday.
Friday, July 16, 2021
8:30 am to 9:15 am Registration and Other Activities
9:30 am to 12:00 am Orientation Session
Master of Ceremonies – David Briseño
- Introduction of Participants, parents and sponsors
- Introduction of National Spanish Spelling Bee Staff
- Introduction of National Spanish Spelling Bee Sponsors and Special Guests
- Review of Contest Rules and Procedures and the Practice Round
- Q & A Period
- Group and Individual Pictures
12:00 pm to 1:15 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Practice Round and first 5 Rounds of the competition
There are no activities planned for Friday evening. Everyone is on their own and can take the time to visit sites in the Denver area.
Saturday, July 17, 2021
7:30 to 8:30 Breakfast
8:30 am Everyone will gather in the designated room to prepare for the competition .
9:00 am Introduction of Judges, Pronouncer, Sponsors and Participants
9:30 am Competition Begins
12:00 pm Lunch Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport
1:00 pm Competition Continues
6:00 pm National Spanish Spelling Bee Awards Dinner
- Recognition of Local NSSB Organizing Committee
- Volunteer Recognition
- Presentation of Certificates and Crowning of the 2019 National Champion(s)
- Sharing of the Experience
Sunday, July 22, 2021
Everyone returns home. Safe travels
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact David Briseño, National Spanish Spelling Bee Founder and Coordinator 505-238-6812 firstname.lastname@example.org