REGISTRATION – Registration is now exclusively online and provides you several options for payment. You will be able to pay with a credit card, a purchase order, or a check. Please click here to get the registration directions.
2018 Lista de Palabras (Updated 2.26.2018)
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE CHECK THIS DOCUMENT ON A REGULAR BASIS BECAUSE IT WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY OF THE UPDATES WE HAVE DONE TO THE 2018 LISTA DE PALABRAS!!!
What do Good Spellers Do by Dr. Patricia MacGregor-Mendoza, New Mexico State University
2018 HOST HOTEL – Staybridge Suites
San Antonio, TX 78205
Hotel Tel: 210-444-2700 Fax: 210-448-5101 Reservations: 800-238-8000
Hotel Contact: Tammy Stewart
Reservation Cut off date. June 13, 2018
- Complimentary full Breakfast Buffet 6:00-9:30am weekdays 7:30-10:30 weekends
- Parking $20.00 per vehicle for overnight parking per stay, not per day
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Complimentary 24 hour on-site fitness center
- Free local calls and voice mail
- Club room with Flat screen plasma TV
- Complimentary internet service
- Complimentary 24 hour business Center
- Two telephones with voice mail service
- Full size fully equipped kitchens, iron and ironing board
- Entertainment Center, 42” flat screen HD Plasma TV
Participants in the National Spanish Spelling Bee will be offered a special nightly rate of $124 (plus tax) per night
You can make your reservations one of three ways:
- On-Line – CLICK HERE and make your reservation on line. Enter your check in and check out dates (the special code NSS is already entered on the on-line form). Click on CHECK AVAILABILITY, make your selection and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete your room reservation.
- Call the Toll Free Number – Call 800-238-8000 to make your reservations. Make sure to request the rate for the group code NSS
- Call the hotel directly – Call 210-444-2700 and make your reservations directly with the hotel. Ask for the rate for the group code NSS
Join us in beautiful San Antonio, Texas, as we come together for the Eighth Annual National Spanish Spelling Bee. A huge thanks and a pat on the back to Carolina Gonzales and the staff at Education Service Center Region 20, as they prepare to host the NSSB. July 12th and 15th are travel days. The group activities will begin with the orientation session on Friday, July 13, 2018, and will end with the National Spanish Spelling Bee Awards Dinner on Saturday evening, July 14, 2018. This year, families and friends will have the opportunity to enjoy the ambiance of the San Antonio Riverwalk on Friday afternoon and evening and the opportunity to have dinner at some of the finest restaurants in San Antonio as dinner will be on your own.
Make plans to join us in beautiful San Antonio, Texas!
The Eighth Annual National Spanish Spelling Bee will be held in San Antonio at a location to be determined.
With the support of Educational Service Center, Region 20, our gracious host, San Antonio Community College, Santillana, USA (A GOLD SPONSOR), The New Mexico Association for Bilingual Education, Dual Language Education of New Mexico, Univision, San Antonio, Bilingual Nation USA and Guero Loco (Steve Stiegelmeyer), The Spanish Resource Center (Albuquerque, New Mexico), the Mexican Consulate of San Antonio and many other individuals from throughout the country, this event provides students the opportunity to showcase their Spanish language skills and to network with peers from throughout this great country.
The Eighth Annual National Spanish Spelling Bee will take place on July 12 – 15, 2018.
For more information or if you have any questions, please call David Briseño at 505-238-6812
Give your students the chance to participate. The Annual National Spanish Spelling Bee provides them the opportunity to:
SPONSORS & TESTIMONIALS
We invite you to support us and become a sponsor for the
Seventh Annual National Spanish Spelling Bee
We’re celebrating the multilingualism of America. The National Spanish Spelling Bee Organizing Committee welcomes you and thanks you for your participation in and support of this great event.David Briseño
National Spanish Spelling Bee Founder and Coordinator